Thursday, May 20, 2004

I can finally bring myself to update you about my course- I decided two weeks ago that i'm not gonna continue with it. I can afford the course fees but not the repayments on my loans and other expenses. Also, I can't really justify spending the £1,000 i've worked so hard for on a piece of paper with no guarantee of getting a job at the end of it.

I've been thoroughly miserable because it means I can't now get my Dream Job. I really hope I don’t return to a call centre. I fear that'd be the end of me.

Incidentally, a friend of mine is 28 and works in the call centre. His basement flat was recently flooded with water- he had no insurance. All his books were ruined and the water fucked-up his computer. I often pay him a visit when I need cheering up. It's not that i take pleasure in his suffering ('schadenfreude' is my new favourite word), but rather that he sees the world in a similar way to me. He has an MSc himself and had these wise words to say: "You'd be unemployable even with the MSc- you've saved yourself £1000!"

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more it cheers me up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lubin said...

arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!

May 21, 2004 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home